Garbage and recycling
Door-to-door garbage collection takes place every Wednesdays.
It is important that your garbage containers be at the roadside before 7:00 am.
Acceptable containers :
- Closed, rigid black or green containers with a maximum capacity of 100 liters, with rigid handles ;
- Rolling black or green containers with a capacity of 240 to 360 liters ;
- Well-sealed plastic bags.
The following containers are not accepted and will not be emptied:
- Recycling containers used for garbage collection ;
- Wooden, metal or plastic boxes;
- Small or large drums, with or without lids/handles ;
- Tractor shovels ;
- The box on vans, trailers, etc. used to contain waste ;
- If a container with a capacity of less than 20 liters is used to contain garbage, both the garbage and the container will be disposed of in the garbage truck, such as central vacuums, 5-gallon containers or small kitchen garbage containers placed at the side of the road, etc.
- Any container that may be unsafe to handle, that may crack or be damaged will not be emptied.
Door-to-door recycling collection takes place every Thursday morning.
It is important that your containers are at the roadside before 7:00 am.
Your recycling container must be properly positioned at the roadside, otherwise it will not be collected.
How to place your container:
Containers must be placed with the wheels and handle facing your house and at least 50 cm from any other container or object. This allows the truck to easily lift the container to empty its contents into the truck.
All materials must be inside the container and the lids must be closed: the mechanical lifting device does not allow you to pick up materials that are outside the container, i.e. in bags or boxes placed next to the container.
Interim program for the management of certain waste not accepted for door-to-door collection, please refer to the list at the end of this section for accepted materials.
Located at 1129 route 219 (Fenced entryway)
Open between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
|May 7||June 4||July 9|
|August 6||September 10||October 1|
Rules to follow at the Eco-Centre
Special Drop-off (Municipal Warehouse)
In collaboration with the municipality of the Township of Hemmingford, the Association pour le recyclage des produits électroniques du Québec (ARPE-Québec) is responsible for implementing and operating a Quebec program for the recovery and reclamation of electronic products (commonly known as the ‘Serpuarien’). The voluntary contribution program will take place at the municipal warehouse (636 route 219) on the following dates from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm:
- May 28th
- August 20th
- October 15th